Penzance Pre-Primary School
Penzance Pre-Primary, established in 2001, is located on the campus of Penzance Primary and enjoys a collaborative relationship with the Primary School.
We enrol children from the age of 3 years to 6 years in the following class groups:
Junior Group: 3 – 4 years ( turning 4 within the calendar year )
Intermediate Group: 4 – 5 years ( turning 5 within the calendar year )
Grade R Group: 5 – 6 years ( turning 6 within the calendar year )
Class sizes are determined by the Pre-Primary Management Council and are currently as follows:
Junior Group: 24
Intermediate Groups: 22
and Grade R classes: 22
Due to the existing numbers of children already enrolled within the pre-primary school, the number of vacancies is limited. Entry level into the pre-school is at the Junior Group level, with limited vacancies in the Intermediate level and often-times no vacancies at the Grade R level, (dependent on parent transfers/residential relocation etc.)
- Applications for admission in 2017 are open from January 2016
- Applications closed 18th March 2016
- Application forms (or waitining list forms now - as admissions are closed) are available from the Pre-Primary administration office (10A Bartle Road, Durban) from 8.30am to 2.00pm only, Monday to Thursday, and Fridays until 1.00pm.
- Completed application forms/waiting list forms must be returned along with the required certified documentation:
- Child’s birth certificate
- Child’s immunization card
- Most recent report from previous school (if available)
- Mother’s ID
- Father's ID
- Proof of residence of the parent and child
- Dependent on the number of vacancies in the various groups, parents will be contacted for an interview with the principal.
- The criteria for admission, as determined by the pre-primary school Management Council, will be applied.
- The Principal’s decision on acceptance/non-acceptance is final, and no further correspondence will be entered into.
- On acceptance into the school, parents will receive a written letter of acceptance and an administration fee will be payable.
- Please see below for the current list of costs for this year, 2016. Costs for 2017 will be determined by the Management Council in October 2016.
- An Orientation Day for new admissions, is held at the end of the year. An invitation will be mailed to parents.
- All applicants who are unsuccessful in their application will receive a written letter of such.