Chess has grown in leaps and bounds at Penzance Primary. It is driven by our Deputy Principal Mrs Gill and Mrs Hoosen, who puts in many hours preparing the learners from Grade 1 to 7 for the tournaments that they enter. Mrs Gill also has people to assist her in the technical aspects of the game. We are very fortunate at Penzance in having a number of learners over the years who have gone on to represent Kwa-Zulu Natal as well as South Africa for Chess. We look forward to another busy season of Chess with about 40 tournaments that we can enter.
Please take note of the following :
1. Learners may not practice or play in a match if the appropriate dress code is not followed.
2. Boys may not participate in PE lessons, practices or matches wearing boxer shorts underneath their sports shorts.
3. All learners are encouraged to wear predominantly white takkies for codes that require takkies.
4. All clothing is to be marked with clearly visible labels. Please check regularly that clothing is still marked and that your child is wearing his/her own clothing.
5. Learners are to be neatly dressed at all times and are to take pride in their appearance.
6. All learners must arrive and leave school with their shoes and socks on after a practice or match.
The playing of school sport is primarily of an educational nature. The aim of school sport is to encourage participation and to instil in players the highest standards of sportsmanship, self – discipline and control. Parents and supporters need to support these ideals in the manner in which they behave on the side-lines. We respectfully request that all parents and supporters ensure that this Code of Conduct is adhered to, so as to make all matches and practises enjoyable for all.
For all matches and practices:
If you feel an issue needs attention please contact the Sports Co-Ordinator at school.