Softball is played during the third term of school. Penzance has the experience of a KwaZulu-Natal coach at the helm,
With the drive of Mrs Dixon, Penzance usually enters 3 boys and 3 girls team into the local league. Matches are played on a Friday afternoon for boys and a Saturday morning for girls.
We always have had good representation in the Kwa-Zulu Natal teams for Softball. Last year Christopher Murphy and Brendan Brooks were selected for the South African All Stars Team at the end of the Inter – Provincial.
We are looking forward to another successful Softball season!
Please take note of the following :
1. Learners may not practice or play in a match if the appropriate dress code is not followed.
2. Boys may not participate in PE lessons, practices or matches wearing boxer shorts underneath their sports shorts.
3. All learners are encouraged to wear predominantly white takkies for codes that require takkies.
4. All clothing is to be marked with clearly visible labels. Please check regularly that clothing is still marked and that your child is wearing his/her own clothing.
5. Learners are to be neatly dressed at all times and are to take pride in their appearance.
6. All learners must arrive and leave school with their shoes and socks on after a practice or match.
The playing of school sport is primarily of an educational nature. The aim of school sport is to encourage participation and to instil in players the highest standards of sportsmanship, self – discipline and control. Parents and supporters need to support these ideals in the manner in which they behave on the side-lines.
For all matches and practices:
If you feel an issue needs attention please contact the Sports Co-Ordinator at school.
We respectfully request that all parents and supporters ensure that this Code of Conduct is adhered to, so as to make all matches and practises enjoyable for all.